Κυριακή 11 Νοεμβρίου 2012

LANA DEL REY: That upcoming singer,who conquered our hearts.

Apart from her songs we sing every single day in our minds...who is Lana Del Rey,anyway?Her real name is Elizabeth Woolridge Grant (born June 21, 1986).She has been described as a "self-styled gangsta Nancy Sinatra" and "Lolita lost in the hood" and her music has been noted for its cinematic sound and its references to various aspects of pop culture, particularly that of 1950s and '60s Americana.Lana possesses a wide contralto vocal range, which has been described as unique, captivating, and highly emotive, being able to transcend from sounding high and girlish in her timbre, down to a low and jazzy sound with great ease, although both these areas of the voice can be conflicting in their sound and polarize opinion.When recording in the studio Del Rey is known for vocal multi-layering, double tracking and overlays which, as it has been noted, is difficult for her to replicate within a live setting, especially with the lack of backing singers to fill out the original vocal style. Contemporary music critics have called her voice "smoky", "gravely", and reminiscent of Marilyn Monroe.


Del Rey stated that she has suffered from alcohol dependence. At the age of fourteen, she was sent to Kent School, a boarding school in Connecticut, to get sober. In September 2012, she told GQ Magazine:
"I was a big drinker at the time. I would drink every day. I would drink alone. I thought the whole concept was so fucking cool. A great deal of what I wrote on Born To Die is about these wilderness years. When I write about the thing that I’ve lost I feel like I’m writing about alcohol because that was the first love of my life. My parents were worried, I was worried. I knew it was a problem when I liked it more than I liked doing anything else. I was like, 'I'm fucked. I am totally fucked'. Like, at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person. It was the worst thing that ever happened to me."
Lana's left hand is tattooed with the letter "M", referencing her grandmother, Madeleineand the word "paradise." Her right hand is tattooed with the phrase "trust no one."She also has the phrase "die young" tattooed on her right ring finger.On numerous occasions, Del Rey has been accused of having had rhinoplasty and lip augmentation, to which she ceaselessly refutes. She has been in a relationship with Kassidy frontman Barrie-James O'Neill since August 2011.



Stay tuned,cause her new album Born to Die- Paradise Edition is out in a few days.



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου